We are an organization of farmers, artisans and crafters that operates and promotes the Chapel Hill Farmers' Market, formally called South Estes Farmers’ Market, in Orange County, North Carolina.
The Farmers of Orange mission is to create and maintain farmers’ markets that support farmers and the larger community. Farmers of Orange will create, expand and enhance the economic strength and viability of farmers in Orange County and the piedmont of North Carolina while contributing to the education and health of county residents.
• Create and increase opportunities for farmers to sell their products directly to consumers
• Create and increase consumers’ opportunities to buy local products directly from farmers
• Bring together families, neighbors, visitors and local food producers to create a sense of community and social gathering
• Establish vibrant markets that make our market locations a destination for tourists and visitors
• Provide a vehicle to educate the community on the nutritional, environmental, and economic value of buying local, sustainably-produced farm products.
Copyright 2009, Farmers of Orange